SheaMoisture is first and foremost a family brand, and the legacy of founder and CEO Richelieu Dennis’ grandmother, Sofi Tucker. Grandma Sofi was widowed at 19, and to support her family, made and sold her handcrafted shea butter soaps and other creations in Sierra Leone. Sofi became known as a healer who shared the power of shea and African black soap with families throughout the countryside. She handed down her recipes to Richelieu, who incorporated four generations of family wisdom into SheaMoisture’s collections. Shea butter used in the formulations is ethically-sourced from 15 co-ops in Northern Ghana as part of the brand’s purpose-driven Community Commerce business model. SheaMoisture products are cruelty-free and made with natural, certified organic and fair trade ingredients. Products don’t contain sulfates, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance or artificial color.
Join SheaMoisture at EssenceFest to revitalize your skin, hair and senses! We always go big in NOLA, so be sure to stop by to:
- Experience our iconic hair and skin care products and be the first to try our brand new, innovative collections
- Receive a one-on-one consultation with our team of experts to create your perfect customized SheaMoisture beauty or grooming regimen
- Grab samples of our award-winning products and share your review with us
- Celebrate that together we are changing the world by sharing your “Together We” story with our SheaFamily and receive a free full size product
- Meet an amazing array of inspiring influencers, including Miss Universe 2nd runner-up and Miss Universe Jamaica, Davina Bennett, who is partnering with SheaMoisture to champion inclusive beauty
- Enter to win one of 20 luxe gift boxes given away daily. Each box features 5 fabulous full size SheaMoisture goodies